|L W Perry & Son was established in 1935 by Lionel
Perry and was handed down to his son Denzil who continued to run the
business until 1985 when it was purchased by Leo and Priscilla Williams.
Leo, who has been in the building industry all of his
life, has a passion for older buildings and has steered the company
towards the renovation of listed and character properties with the main
emphasis being on quality and good workmanship from start to finish. We
have also recently worked on two new-build projects, again focusing on
quality in the finished result.
Leo’s son Peter joined the company in 1990 and has
continued in the company tradition of quality and pride in work
L W Perry & Son became a Limited Company in 2003 and
now trade as Perry & Son Ltd and the company still continues to work
with the same values.
Perry and Son Ltd employ all direct labour and have an
active training programme to ensure new apprentices train and learn from
our older, more experienced tradesmen so the techniques and skills will
be passed down to younger generations, rather than lost to modern day
working practices. In October 2005 Perry & Son Ltd achieved the
Investors In People award (IIP), reinforcing our commitment to our
clients, employees and suppliers.
The company employs bricklayers, ground workers,
carpenters, plasterers, decorators and plumbers, all in-house. We also
have a fully equipped joiners workshop in our yard where we make bespoke
joinery such as windows, doors, and staircases and can produce moulds to
match those existing in properties we are working on. Generally the only
sub-contractors we use are for electrical works. This means we keep
tight control of labour on our projects and send in tradesmen as and
when needed, rather than when the sub contractor company can fit us in.